New Local Companies at the Kitchen Store
Little Red Hen's Kitchen Store has been bursting at the seams with new product and new companies! We’ve been focusing on expanding our “Locally Made” section and proudly sell the following Chico companies: Maisie Jane’s, Chico Honey, Chico Bag, Chico Chai, Klean Kanteen, Paradise Pepper Sauce, Corning Olive Oils, Salty Sisters Caramel Candies and Sauces and more to come soon!
By providing locally made products at our Little Red Hen locations this means more jobs for local producers. When you purchase these products you support not only Little Red Hen's services for children and adults with developmental disabilities, but also other locally-owned businesses in the community. This strengthens the local economy, reduces environmental impact, and encourages diversity and uniqueness here in Chico, CA.
Along with supplying these great local goods, the Kitchen Store is also always coming out with new (and FREE) recipe cards that feature the food products we carry. Come in and check out new exciting recipes such as this 4-Ingredient Frozen Yogurt recipe, featuring local Chico Honey!
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey - Chico Honey Is Perfect!
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container
- Store it in the freezer for up to 1 month
Posted by Online Staff
- 0 comment
- Tags: Chico, Chico Bag, Chico Honey, Kitchen Store, Klean Kanteen, Little Red Hen, Little Red Hen Kitchen Store, Local Products, Non-profit, Retail with a Purpose, Shopping Local, Shopping Non Profit
Share this post