Hi, I'm Jodi D. I absolutely love writing recipes (maybe too much). I have written more than I know what to do with, so I'd like to share them with you. I have found recipes from all over; magazines, cook-books, and websites. Now, every Monday you can check them out!
Up first: Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini
Ingredients: Makes 6 servings.
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large zucchini, diced
3 or 4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 tablespoon frying oil
14 oz. drained and rinsed low-sodium black beans
14 oz. can undrained low-sodium diced tomatoes
1 tsp. of taco seasoning.
1 tablespoon cumin, divided
1 tsp. salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat a large (12 inch) deep skillet over low-medium heat, stirring to coat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the chicken.Sprinkle with 1 tsp. cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Cook for 10 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Top with cheese, cover, and cook for a few minutes, or until the cheese melts.Garnish with green onions and cilantro to taste.
5. Serve immediately, either on its own or with brown rice or quinoa. As a garnish, feel free to add sour cream, cilantro, and black olives after the cheese has melted. Enjoy!