Hi everybody! Eat Healthy-Be Healthy is back to its weekly schedule. To get back into the swing of things, I'd like to talk to you about cabbage.
I love eating fresh fruits and vegetables because they make my body feel great, and cabbage is no exception. I'd like to let you know about some of the many health benefits of cabbage. I'd also like to share a delicious coleslaw recipe.
A creamy and cabbage-heavy coleslaw
3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
2 cups purple cabbage, finely shredded
1 cup carrots, finely shredded
½ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. White vinegar
½ Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. Sugar
½ tsp. Celery seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss with cabbage & carrots. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- It's important to note that while cabbage is great for you, some of these ingredients, such as mayonnaise, are best enjoyed in moderation. You can even consider altering the recipe to better fit your needs.
I hope you enjoy this coleslaw. Now, let me tell you the ways cabbage can help keep you healthy.
1. Cabbage is known to be high in both vitamin K and vitamin C. Vitamins, as we all know, are vital to keeping you happy and healthy.
2. Cabbage's high fiber content helps keep your digestion healthy and your gut running smoothly.
3. Studies suggest that the nutrients found in cabbage can benefit your brain, body, and heart.
Thanks for checking out this edition of Eat Healthy-Be Healthy. See you next week!