Jodi D.'s Recipe Suggestions- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
Crustless Zucchini Quiche Ingredients:
7 cups(2-2.5 lbs.) zucchini, measured before squeezing
8 large eggs
½ cup spelt or whole wheat flour
½ cup any hard cheese, grated
½ cup chives or green onions, finely chopped
ground black pepper to taste
- Give shredded zucchini a good squeeze to extract as much water as possible. I do it by placing the zucchini into a linen towel and wringing it into a ball (you can save the liquid for soup or smoothies). Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray (I used a tart pan lined with parchment paper). In a medium bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
- Add flour and whisk to combine (it will take a few minutes). Add both cheeses, salt, and pepper, and whisk one more time.
- Add chives to the bowl with zucchini, and mix with a spatula. Then pour the egg flour mixture on top and stir well to combine.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, in a previously prepared baking dish.
- Broil for a few minutes for a golden crust. Let it cool off a bit, then cut into 8 slices and enjoy warm or cold.
Posted by Fran H
Share this post