Not only do houseplants help to beautify your space, but they can also bring some amazing health benefits to your life. Whether it be for your office, bedroom, or a thoughtful gift for a loved one; the benefits of owning a houseplant are undeniable.
Here are 5 fantastic reasons why everyone should own a houseplant:
1. Adding plants to interior spaces can increase oxygen levels! Snake Plants (Sansevieria) are just one of many that help increase oxygen levels at night. Being virtually indestructible and requiring very little water, these plants make an excellent addition to any home.
2. Studies have shown that plants placed in hospital rooms dramatically speed up recovery time and that plants reduced rates of sickness by 60% when placed in offices! This low-maintenance Anthurium helps reduce stress levels and increases productivity.
3. NASA says so! NASA research has discovered that plants purify the air by pulling contaminants into their soil. This unique and easy to grow Dracaena makes an excellent air cleaner, while adding a little beauty to your home as well.
4. Plants release moisture vapor into the air, which has been proven to reduce dry skin, colds, sore throats, and dry coughs. Making a houseplant like the Peace Lily perfect during the winter months! Peace Lilies are easy to care for and also help us heal faster and ward off colds. They are wonderful natural filters that help detoxify the air too!
5. Plants help you work and study more effectively;being around plants improves concentration, memory and productivity. Bromeliads are exotic and interesting with their unusual and colorful blooms. These plants also help to improve your concentration and attention span!
You can find these amazing houseplants at Little Red Hen’s Floral & More or Plant Nursery. Come on in to see our selection in person.